Maybe, just maybe, I had some pureed butternut squash lying around and not enough pumpkin puree, so I mixed a little of both in there and you would never know!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt.
2. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until well combined. Then whisk in the pumpkin puree, oil, and milk.
3. Gently mix wet and dry ingredients together with a wooden spoon. There may be some lumps, but that's okay! Be careful not to over mix batter. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray, then pour in batter. Bake for about 60 minutes until you can stick in a toothpick that comes out clean. For this particular recipe, it's a good idea to loosely cover the top of the bread in the last 20 minutes of baking to prevent the top from burning.
5. When bread is done, let cool and serve! If you want to save it for later, save it in an airtight container.