Recently I've been asking myself "What can I do with kale beyond salads and smoothies?" Especially when I'm looking for meatless recipes to share on Meatless Monday. Fortunately, The Moosewood Restaurant Table has been able to answer that question for me with some incredible recipes. If you enjoy risotto, I 100% recommend following this recipe that helps you enjoy your greens! Who knew a dish with kale could be so delicious?
1. In a food processor, pulse walnuts and garlic. Add parsley, salt, olive oil, water, and 2 cups of kale. Process until paste-like.
2. Bring stock to a simmer in a medium-large saucepan.
3. Put olive oil in a large pot and heat on medium. Add onions and saute until translucent for a few minutes.
4. Add rice, stir until covered with olive oil. Add wine and cook, stir constantly until absorbed.
5. Add a cup at a time of simmering stock to the rice. Cook until rice absorbs liquid before adding another cup. After the last cup of stock is added, stir in kale, pesto, and half of the cheese. Continue to stir and cook until kale has wilted.
6. Plate and serve, topping with leftover walnuts and cheese.